Location: Sunshine Coast
Date Listed: 29 April 2022
About the business:
Greenhalgh Pickard is the largest integrated legal, accounting and migration firm on the Sunshine Coast with offices situated across Caloundra, Coolum and Kawana. We understand that work constitutes a significant portion of routine life, which is why we are passionate about creating an inclusive, pragmatic and uplifting environment for our staff to flourish in.
You can expect to gain strong, meaningful relationships with both our team and clients. Our diverse service offering presents genuine opportunities for career progression, through working alongside experienced professionals within your desired field. You will operate within our open plan office, with access to our modern and spacious conference rooms.
We are proactive in creating a positive impact within our community and aligning ourselves with carbon neutral practices to reach our goal of net zero emissions! We are seeking an individual to match the enthusiasm and passion for our team, company ethos and our clients.
About the role:
We are looking for a Accountant to join our growing team with experience of 2+ years. The position will be full-time based primarily in the Kawana office with potential for occasional travel to the Caloundra and Coolum offices.
The successful applicant will be able to work in a team environment as well as independently.
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- a minimum of 2+ years experience;
- 2+ years experience in trusts and company returns;
- 1+ years experience in superfund returns;
- A strong client focus and excellent client communication services;
- The ability to work independently and in a team; and
- Attend marketing events and networking nights.
Role responsibilities will include:
- manage a client base with the ability to recognise opportunities to provide valued added services in both legal and accounting departments;
- prepare and complete income tax returns and financial statements for individuals, companies, trust and superfunds – with a strong enthusiasm towards business and superfund clients;
- considering and completing reviews and audits on legal and accounting client files;
- liaise and collaborate with other accountants and lawyers in the office regarding business and structuring advice;
- attend to other general business-related matters for clients e.g. fringe benefits, payroll assistance, tax planning and other general business services; and
- continuous business development with existing and new clients and the firms services.
If you would like to be considered or have any questions for this position please send your resume and cover letter to our Business Manager, Mariah Hipper, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 5444 1022.
*Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
Register your interest today
If you are interested in joining the Greenhalgh Pickard team, please feel free to send us your details using the contact form provided.
Employee Protections at work – Know your rights Whether you are an employee or an employer, you need to be aware of your rights and entitlements to ensure you and/or your business are protected. In Australia, the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) (the “Act”)...
You’ve only got one week left before EOFY to take full advantage of the tax benefits! We all know EOFY is next Thursday the 30th of June and can be stressful when it comes to reviewing your business operations, but are you taking advantage of...
Key business takeaways from the QLD 2022-23 Budget announcement Payroll tax cuts for small to medium sized businesses, in effect as of July 1. Businesses across Queensland with payrolls under $10.4 million, will receive a payroll tax cut! ...
Traffic penalties to increase from July 1, 2022. From 1 July 2022, high-risk driving behaviour that continues to cause serious injury and loss of life on our roads will face tougher penalties. If you have been charged with any traffic offence, such as drink or...
Tax planning can help ensure you are maximising your business and its profits. Whether as an individual or a business, you can reap a lot of benefits from tax planning. And we can help with this to ensure you don’t have any surprises waiting for you at the end...
3 tips to start a successful business. So you’ve been toying with the idea of starting a business. You have the idea, you have the means, so how do I monetise it? In a saturated marketplace, going out on your own can be extremely daunting....
Contact Your Nearest Office
If you are interested in meeting with an accountant or lawyer regarding your business or commercial interests, please fill out the form to book an appointment or call (07) 5444 1022