Home » Legal » Criminal Law

Criminal Lawyers
Sunshine Coast

Are you in need of a defence lawyer for a criminal law matter? Look no further! If you have been charged with a criminal offense or traffic offence, it’s wise to seek legal advice and be represented in court by an experienced defence solicitor. This is where our professionals at Greenhalgh Pickard can help. With years of experience in criminal law, we are here to assist you.

Greenhalgh Pickard’s
Criminal Defence Lawyers

If you are facing criminal charges, it is important to understand your rights and options. Our experienced criminal defence lawyers can protect your rights and help you navigate the criminal justice system and court process.

A lawyer can investigate the facts of your case and identify any legal defences that may apply. They can also negotiate with prosecutors on your behalf and represent you at trial. If you are facing serious penalties, a lawyer can help you explore options for plea bargains or alternative sentencing.

In short, a criminal lawyer can provide invaluable assistance if you are accused of a crime. Don’t go through this process alone – make sure you have an experienced lawyer on your side.

Contact us today to see how we can help you.

Greenhalgh Pickard’s
Criminal Law

Greenhalgh Pickard provides professional legal advice and assistance relating to traffic law matters and criminal law matters, including:


Driving offences


Drug offences


Assault (excl. personal injury)


Weapons Act offences


Sexual offences




Domestic Violence




Corporate Crime


Murder & Manslaughter

When you choose to put your trust in Greenhalgh Pickard you can rest assured that expert lawyers will address your matter with the utmost professionalism and confidentiality in order to achieve the best results for you.

Greenhalgh Pickard’s experienced criminal law solicitor, Braden Milburn, offers easy-to-understand, thorough advice you can count on.

You will also benefit from Greenhalgh Pickard’s transparent fixed-or-capped fee structure, meaning you will know exactly how much you will spend from the start.

Criminal Law Services

Different Drugs On The Table With Book, Gravel And Handcuffs

A conviction for a drug offence can result in a prison sentence, a fine or both. In addition, you may also be required to complete a drug treatment program and submit to regular drug testing.

Black Handgun In A Suitcase

If you are found guilty of a weapons offence, you could be facing a prison sentence, so it is essential that you have the best legal representation possible.

Woman Lying On The Floor

If you are facing assault charges, do not try to navigate the legal system on your own. Hire a qualified criminal defence lawyer to protect your rights and give yourself the best chance of achieving a positive outcome.

Woman Experiencing Sexual Assault

These types of cases are complex and can be highly sensitive so require specialist knowledge in order to give you the best possible chance of a successful outcome.

Businessman With Handcuffs Accused Of Fraud

Fraud is a type of white-collar crime that can be difficult to defend against. The government may have access to resources and evidence that you are not aware of. An experienced criminal lawyer will know how to investigate the charges against you.

Woman Experiencing Domestic Violence

The consequences of a domestic violence conviction can be severe, including jail time, a loss of custody rights and the imposition of a restraining order. A skilled lawyer will work to protect your rights.

Burglar Entering A House

These are serious charges that can carry significant penalties, including jail time. That is why it is so important to have an experienced criminal defence lawyer on your side.

Silhouette Of Man Holding A Knife Attacking A Woman

A criminal defence lawyer will handle all communication with the prosecutor and ensure that you understand the charges against you and the potential consequences.

Greenhalgh Pickard’s
Criminal Defence Lawyers

If you need assistance with criminal and traffic matters, get in touch with our experienced criminal lawyers at Greenhalgh Pickard for more help today.

We are also experts in the area of Drug Offences, Actual bodily harm assault (excl. personal injury), Weapons Act offences, Sexual offences, Fraud, Domestic Violence, Stealing, Corporate Crime and Murder & Manslaughter, and many other criminal matters. Contact us today for immediate, professional advice and assistance relating to traffic and criminal offences.

Criminal Law FAQs

What should I wear to court?

You should dress neat and formally. You do not have to wear a suit.

I have court, where do I go?

You will be required to arrive at the court upon opening (usually 8:30 am).

When you arrive, you can seek assistance from the “registry” sign about which courtroom you are required to go to or check the daily law list.

You can wait for your case outside the courtroom and wait for your name to be called or sit inside the courtroom in the public gallery. If you leave the court before your matter is called, you may miss your court appearance.

Do I have to participate in a police interview?

No, you have the right to remain silent during a police interview. Silence does not infer guilt. However, if you participate in a police interview, this cooperation can be used as a mitigating factor later at sentencing.

You must however answer any personal questions, such as your name, address, date of birth etc.

You can request a lawyer if you are not sure whether to continue with the interview.

Can I travel with a criminal history?

You can travel domestically throughout Australia, however if you intend on travelling overseas you must declare your criminal history within your Visa application. Upon review of your application, the destination country has the right to refuse your entry. The nature of the offence(s) places significant weight upon whether your entry will be refused.

Will my employer see my criminal record?

Yes, if you have a criminal record, this can be viewed by any potential employer through a criminal record check.

Can I represent myself?

Yes. However, it is recommended you seek legal advice to ensure you are fully advised of the consequences of your offence, including potential penalties.

Can police search me, my house or car without a warrant?

Police can only search you without a warrant if there is a reasonable suspicion you have committed or are going to commit a crime.

Forcing the Sale of a Co-Owned Property
Forcing the Sale of a Co-Owned Property

Joint property ownership among relatives and friends is increasingly common as a means to enter the real estate market when individual financial resources are insufficient.   Common Issues Disputes often arise when one co-owner wishes to sell their...

Contact Your Nearest Office

If you are interested in meeting with an accountant or lawyer regarding your business or commercial interests, please fill out the form to book an appointment or call (07) 5444 1022