What is Elder Abuse?
Elder Abuse is a complicated and emotionally sensitive area of law.
Let’s talk about it.
How to spot the signs
Elder abuse generally:
- Occurs within a relationship where trust between the perpetrator and victim exists; and
- Results in harm to the older person.
The misuse or theft of an older person’s money or assets; including (but not limited to)
- Using finances without permission
- Using a legal document such as an Enduring Power of Attorney for purposes outside it’s original intention,
- Withholding care for financial gain, or
- Selling property against a person’s wishes.
Speak up, speak out.
We understand the hardships both financially and psychologically you are going through. We can help.
Stay Up to Date With The Latest News
Read our blog for the latest news and stories within the legal and commercial industry.
Want more from Greenhalgh Pickard? Follow us on social media to stay up to date with the team!